Do you think you were the same person just a minutes ago?

Yesterday, I was mundane in the evening after watching a movie. Had no work to do, my brain had become trash cycling through all the nuance things happened in the past, thinking if something happened in the past was really the same as it was, or just my wrong perceptions. I started wondering about few guys’ behavior change, who were close to me.

This is one from the list: This person (person_one) whom I thought to be much disciplined for the past one year, started speaking to me in an extra casual way and started forwarding messages like my college guys in the past. I began interlinking few things then concluded that it’s all because of this new person (person_two) who has entered into our group.  Person_one found person_two somewhat interesting and wanted to approach him/her through me. But the irony is, I figured out that the second one is not very interested in this guy/girl (I came to know that they had conversation before and second one was not very happy with it).

How could a person jump to a flipside character all of a sudden (at-least from my perspective)? He/she was not the same person a year ago. There can be many reasons for these kind of change which I really don’t want to get into.

I had writer’s block, left the writing for the day to do some of my chores.

Today, I was reading through some of my online newsletters. In fact I was very peaceful like bhuddist. One of my family member ambushed into my room and started lashing out at my neighbors from my room. I saw him passing by my room window just a few minutes back casually.  I wasn’t really interested in the provocation of my neighbors that triggered my member.  I tried to mellow my member down and sent him back. All of this happened in a matter of 5 mins.

This struck my mind to continue my yesterday’s article. It became too subtle for me to converge to a point from just the above two incidents. I started surfing the internet with some of the key words of this post’s title. I found this google book “Healing into possibility: The transformation lesson of my stroke” by Alison Bonds Shapiro.

I started reading vaguely through some of the pages, didn’t know from where to start. Or should I read in the whole book? Somehow I found a good point to start that made sense to read through. I think the author was trying to put things that he had gone through when got the stroke:                         He had a dream of becoming a children’s book literature before stroke. Now he was seeing all of his dreams were collapsing. In that emotional time to cope up he read this book “Making loss Matter: Answer lies in not return, but transformation”. He starts to correlate this ingredients of the books with his mentor of formative psychology “Stanley Keleman”.

I was essencing that the author was trying to converge saying: transformation is always there in every minutes of our life, but our mind muddles saying - we are fixed, immutable and solid. If we learn to live the changes we find in our life or learn to change, we will have peace and harmony in the life.


It is very hard for me to conclude on this Abstract. Let’s just take this article as a seed to your brain.

Comments

Popular Posts